Friday, February 9, 2018

mouth music (ethertronica)



Chris Carter: “Sleazy and I had worked together on ways of developing a sort of artificial singing using software and hardware. This was me trying to take it a step further. I've taken lyrics, my own voice or people's voices from a collection that I'd put together with Sleazy, and I’ve chopped them up and done all sorts of weird things with them.”

“If there’s an influence on the album [Chris Carter’s Chemistry Lessons Volume One] it’s definitely ‘60s radiophonic. And over the last few years I’ve also been listening to old English folk music, almost like a guilty pleasure, and so some of tracks on the album hark back to an almost ingrained DNA we have for those kinds of melodies.”


a good excuse to play this beaut again



No comments: